Thursday, September 27, 2007



"Remember, that the original state of the minds of uneducated men is vulgar, you now know why vulgar and commonplace works please the majority. Therefore, educate your mind, and fight the hydra-headed monster-- vulgarity... Vulgarity astonishes, produces a sensation; refinement attracts by delicacy and charm and must be sought out. Vulgarity obtrudes itself, refinement is unobtrusive and requires the introduction of education". -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I believe this to describe where I would like my photographs to be, edgy yet refined and innocent, of unique sophistication with room for interpretation, mirroring my personality. I am sure all that makes sense to you, lol.

Last Quote for the nite:
"The type of photographs you make, the subjects you single out, reveal the person inside of you. How close you get to your subjects reveals how close you want to get." -Anonymous

No comments: